Enter a Production
There is no limit to the number of productions a school may enter in the festival. Productions may be registered in the KCACTF at any time during the year. Productions entered in the KCACTF represent the work of faculty and students of the individual university and college theater departments; qualify students for awards; and give faculty, student directors, and student designers experience visibility, and responses from colleagues outside the home institution.
Any junior or senior college in the United States accredited by its regional association is eligible to enter productions, as are student organizations directly sponsored by the accredited college.
All entries must be fully produced works presented before a public audience. Entries must be registered by the deadline established by the school’s region. (Registrations after that deadline must be approved by the Regional Chair.)
Both Participating and Associate productions receive outside response on their home campuses and, with some exceptions, are eligible for all KCACTF-sponsored awards. Schools may:
- Nominate one bona fide student performer from its entry for participation in the Irene Ryan Acting Scholarship Auditions;
- Nominate student designers to participate in the scenic, sound, costume, and lighting design programs;
- Be considered for all applicable playwriting awards (Associate entries are not eligible for the National Student Playwriting Award or the John Cauble Short Play Award);
- Be considered for all other applicable KCACTF awards.
- KCACTF reserves the right to withhold any award.
For more information on entering productions, including Sponsorship information visit Additional Guidelines